Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Powerful Women

   Hello world! I'm back to talk about my two feminism inspirations! First of, is the beautiful and talented Emma Watson! Then it's the young and gorgeous Rowan Blanchard! First of is Emma Watson!
   You may know Emma Watson as the girl who played Hermione in " Harry Potter", I know her as one of the word's biggest feminist symbols, and  the way she did that is by bringing men in. People usually think that feminists are "man haters". That is false. Feminism is just another name for gender inequality. Emma was actually advised to not use the word "feminist" in her #HeForShe speech because it sounded like a terrifying word, but she still succeeded.
  Now, talking about Rowan Blanchard, keep in mind that she is only 14, which is the main part of why she is so inspiring. She taught me that age does that matter. You CAN speak out! Sexism starts at a younger age than you think. Like Rowan who was thrown the same insult as me that she throws "like a girl" in kindergarten!
  Thank you for reading this week. I hope I made you think a little bit deeper about gender equality.

1 comment: